MK Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital & Community is a registered charity (No. 281376).
Our contact details are:
Telephone: 01908 904034
Address: MK Friends Shop, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Standing Way, Milton Keynes MK6 5LD
This policy explains how we manage any personal data you share with us whether it is online, phone, email, face to face, in written correspondence or in any other way.
How we collect information
You may provide us with information when you, for example:
– Making a donation
– Register for an event
– Enquire about our work and fundraising appeals
– Purchase a product
– Volunteer for us
We may obtain information from third party sources to complete a transaction or to better understand people engagement with MK Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital & Community and/or potential interest in supporting the charity further. Such sources include, but are not limited to:
– Fundraising platforms e.g. Just Giving
– Independent event registrations e.g. challenge events such as London marathon
– Information you have posted publicly on social media or shared directly with MK Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital & Community
The type of information we collect
In the context of this policy personal data means information that may be used to identify you as an individual and so can include but is not limited to:
– first name, last name and date of birth
– contact information including address, telephone number and email address
– place of work and contact information
– preferences and interests
– other information relevant to donations, Gift Aid, surveys and/or events
We do not collect personal data about our supporters unless there is a legitimate reason to do so
Under GDPR, some of your personal information that we record is classified as ‘Special Category’ this means we have to be clear in the information we record, and the reasons for recording this information with your consent;
How long do you keep my information?
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for a period of 7 years to; maintain compliance with our insurances, in the event of any legal claims or complaints made against us, and for the processing of our financial accounts.
How we use your personal data
Use of personal data allows us to better understand your needs/ interests and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
– Provide you with the information you have asked for
– Keep you updated on our work, activities or products
– Process donations or payments we have received from you
– Further our charitable aims, including fundraising activities through interaction with you
– Fulfil sales made to you online or via post
– Register and administer your participation in events for which you have registered
– For administration purposes (e.g. contact about an event you have registered for)
– Process your application for a job or volunteer role with us
– For fraud prevention, credit risk reduction or otherwise as required by law or regulation
Under GDPR you have rights when it comes to allowing us to process your personal information, these include:
If you’re unhappy with how we’re processing your information
To report any queries or complaints, including the right to exercise your rights you should contact the data controller at MK Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital & Community, (C/O MK Friends Shop, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Standing Way, Milton Keynes MK6 5LD).
– The last search term that you used within the site
– Your preference in terms of accessible viewing options
– A unique ID to track your session from page to page, which is vitally important should you sign into the site
– Which page you are looking at within a multi-paged index of content, or search results
Certain cookies are persistent, meaning that they last beyond your session, enabling an enhanced user-experience when you return to the site. Again, a non-exhaustive list of examples of the use of persistent cookies includes:
– The option to “Remember my username” when signing-in to the site
– The fact that you have voted in a poll, so that you are prevented from voting multiple times
This site uses Google Analytics (www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics) to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses a cookie to help track which pages are accessed. The cookie contains no personally identifiable information, but it does use your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from, and to track your page visits within the site.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This policy will be regularly reviewed and updated so you may wish to review it each time you submit personal information to MK Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital & Community. The date of the last review was 18.02.20.
Your support will help MK Friends fund more items for Milton Keynes University Hospital.